Sunday, March 2, 2008

A truly mediocre dining experience

For lunch today, my sweetie and I decided to go to Famous Dave's since we have not been there in a while. Let me start off to say they have the best Bread Pudding dessert on this planet. There were a lot of short comings today though. We went about 3pm, which is a prime time to go without crowds, you know in between lunch and dinner. First there was a wait even though it was not crowded. Then when we were brought to our table they gave us a cruddy aisle table where people had to squeeze past us to get down the aisle. We asked for a booth and were moved. I ordered a cup of chili which was pretty good, but why oh why does anyone think that one package of saltines would suffice? I guess I am high maintenance in that area. I ordered a early-bird combo platter (it has less meat that the other version). I got the wrong side which was rectified. The corn muffin was burnt and the corn on the cob smelled like pee. Weird. I would not suggest the garlic mashed potatoes. They were sub par and I truly believe a 5 year old with an Easy Bake oven could make better. I suspect they are boxed or something, they seemed "institutional". So, it will probably be a long time before I eat there again. Unless I have a bread pudding emergency that we can get take out! LOL! As far as ribs go, Chili's and Logan's have better. I do remember about 5 years ago when we first had Famous Dave's, it was very good. I think they are lacking now. Do they need Gordon Ramsey to go crack the whip? Maybe not a bad idea!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(I am the sweetie mentioned...) Yeah, I had the ribs; Tammy asked me why I was cutting them apart, "you're supposed to pull them apart!". Well, you couldn't pull these apart, a chainsaw would have probably made quick work of it, but all I had was the dull butterknife. They tasted good though, but tough...